Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Bacon Scallops recipe, or contribute your own. "Bacon" and "Simple and Elegant" are two of the tags cooks chose for Bacon Scallops.
"I made this recipe over 2 years ago and it has been a regular recipe ever since. Just made it again tonight and it was so good!!!! Served with Basmati rice, sliced heirloom tomatoes and roasted kale.... was the perfect meal!"- lisacrooke
389 people want to try | 825 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Bacon Scallops"
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Arrange bacon slices on baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 8 minutes.
3. Cut each slice crosswise in half. Cool.
4. Wrap 1 bacon piece around sides of each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
5. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place scallops on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to 3/4 c., about 3 minutes.
7. Add mustard and syrup and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Spoon sauce evenly onto 4 small plates. Arrange scallops decoratively atop sauce.
9. Sprinkle with chives and serve. Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 382 by RecipeLu on Dec 18, 1997
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
inchm 10 months agoI love it. Will definitely cook it again.
twisted1331 1 year ago
Snarf13 1 year agoDelicious. The sauce really came together and added a new dimension to the scallops. Fantastic!
chasarch 1 year agoLoved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
Dickyd 1 year agoThanks for the recipe loved the sauce will be making this over and over again great stuff.
Gardre123 2 years agoLove this dish. The sauce was great
lisacrooke 2 years agoI made this recipe over 2 years ago and it has been a regular recipe ever since. Just made it again tonight and it was so good!!!! Served with Basmati rice, sliced heirloom tomatoes and roasted kale.... was the perfect meal!
fytattoo 2 years agosuper nummy and easy to make...got some really good scallops from costco...wife loved the sauce and and she hates mustard
Cyndim 2 years agoThe best ever scallop recipe. The sauce is worth the effort and calories. Calgary,ABf
MaryThomas 3 years agoI made an adjustment to this recipe. I did not add the sauce. I used the whole piece of bacon and my family just couldn't get enough of these. I will definitely make this again..
mandylee1081 3 years agoI didn't make the sauce, but the scallops were wonderful! So easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
dawn309 3 years agoVery good scallop recipe. Husband really liked.
rubicat 4 years agoVery good!
MBlake69 4 years agoWow, that looks so good. I want some.
kt04kc05 4 years agoBacon wrapped scallops are also very good this way - Roll scallops in Molasses then roll in brown sugar. Wrap with bacon and grill.
antoine6 4 years agoi have had scallops in so many different ways living on the new enland coast but never prepared with a sauce like this.....delicious
lisacrooke 4 years agoLoved the sauce on this.
stevemur 6 years agoEasy and delicious.
pomsfirst 7 years agoserve on a bed of flavored rice.
promfh 8 years agoThe trick of pre-cooking the bacon lets the bacon get done without overcooking the scallops. This was a great idea that I've added to my bag of tricks.