Try this Bacon Scallops recipe, or contribute your own. "Bacon" and "Simple and Elegant" are two of the tags cooks chose for Bacon Scallops."I made this recipe over 2 years ago and it has been a regular recipe ever since. Just made it again tonight and it was so good!!!! Served with Basmati rice, sliced heirloom tomatoes and roasted kale.... was the perfect meal!
" - lisacrooke
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 788 people 363 people want to try
Bacon Scallops Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Arrange bacon slices on baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 8 minutes.
3. Cut each slice crosswise in half. Cool.
4. Wrap 1 bacon piece around sides of each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
5. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place scallops on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to 3/4 c., about 3 minutes.
7. Add mustard and syrup and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Spoon sauce evenly onto 4 small plates. Arrange scallops decoratively atop sauce.
9. Sprinkle with chives and serve. Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 382 by RecipeLu on Dec 18, 1997
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Bacon Scallops Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven