Capri Salad Preparation
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
2. Drain the mozzarella, if necessary, and cut into slices and stone the black olives before slicing into rings.
3. Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella slices, olives, and basil leaves in 4 stacks, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
4. Place each stack under a preheated hot broiler for 2-3 minutes or just long enough to melt the mozzarella.
5. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
6. Transfer to individual serving plates and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
7. Serve immediately.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Capri Salad. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven