Grilled BBQ Chicken
Grilled BBQ Chicken Preparation
1. Clean split chicken breasts - remove excess fat
2. Season your chicken breasts with your favorite chicken seasoning. The one I use has (powders) Garlic, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper and Onion powder. Misses Dash works well also. Set aside.
3. Preheat your grill - All burners, this recipe uses direct and indirect cooking
4. Let your chicken come to room temp about 30 mins before cooking. This will help ensure even cooking.
5. Turn off Middle or Back burner - this will be your indirect cooking area. Place chicken on grill above active burner for 4-5 mins lid down to caramelize the skin. Flip over to bone side and cook 2-3 mins.
6. Move chicken to Inactive burners - Lid down for 35-40 mins or chicken temp is 160-165(F) degrees.
7. Baste with BBQ sauce, move to Active burners for 3-4 mins. Dont burn the sauce and dont overcook or will dry out your chicken breast.
8. Remove to platter and cover and let rest for 4-5 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Grilled BBQ Chicken Reviews
Very moist, takes time but well worth the wait
11 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.