Ready in 1 hour
Pastries used to make cream puffs. Got this recipe from the cooking class at the Kitchen Table. Serve with ice cream & chocolate sauce
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Flour
12 people want to try | 31 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a sheet pan
2. Place water, butter, salt & sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil.
3. When butter is melted, remove from heat and immediately pour in flour and stir to blend
4. Return pan to burner over medium heat and continue to stir until mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan clean and leaves a film on the bottom of the pot. (approx 3 minutes?) remove from heat.
5. Form a depression in the middle of the dough and add an egg. Stir until fully incorporated and blended. Repeat process with the remaining eggs. Place mixture in a pastry bag with a 1/2 - inch wide tube or a zip lock bag with a corner snipped.
6. Form circular 1-inch wide and 1-inch tall blobs of dough onto the prepared pan 2-inches apart.
7. Glaze tops with beaten egg, pushing them into shape if necessary
8. Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until brown and crisp to the touch
9. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 200. Pierce the puffs with the tip of a knife to release steam. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove and cool.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
AdamB2012 1 year agoThese are really delicious as i make them nearly all the time!!