5 people want to try | 8 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Bread Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce"
1. Thinly shred bread.
2. Bring milk to boil in a sauce pan.
3. Pour hot milk over rolls, cover with cloth and let set 30 min.
4. Chop parsley and onion.
5. Melt butter and cook onion until tender.
6. Add onion, parsley, and eggs to soaked bread rolls. Knead everything until smooth past develops. Shape into 8 balls, keep hand moist to avoid sticking.
7. Bring plenty of water to boil in a large sauce pan. Reduce heat and place dumplings into sauce pan. Cook dumplings over low heat for @ 20 min.
8. Lift dumplings out of water with slotted spoon. Serve with mushroom sauce.
1. Peel and chop onions. Melt the butter, cook the onions until tender.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 min or so. Dust with flour and fry another min., then pour veg stock into pan.
3. Add 1/2 c warm water and cream.
4. Season with thyme, salt, pepper and cook over gentle heat for 10 min., until thickened.
Serve with weinerschnitzel and green salad and beer for a true German experience.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Springli 1 year agoThis recipe is from a kids' cookbook. We made it with a small group of 3rd-5th graders and it was DELICIOUS!