Bread Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce
a German staple, bread dumpling and mushrooms. Simply delicious!"This recipe is from a kids' cookbook. We made it with a small group of 3rd-5th graders and it was DELICIOUS! " - Springli
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: bread and mushrooms
5 people trying soon
Verified by SunnyJF
|5 stale rolls; shredded|
|1/2 cupflat leaf parsley; chopped|
|1/2 small onion; chopped|
|1 cupFresh mushrooms; chopped|
|4 onions; chopped|
|1 tablespoonAll purpose flour|
|1 cupvegetable stock|
|1/2 cupLight cream|
|2 teaspoonsDried thyme|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
Bread Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce Preparation
1. Thinly shred bread.
2. Bring milk to boil in a sauce pan.
3. Pour hot milk over rolls, cover with cloth and let set 30 min.
4. Chop parsley and onion.
5. Melt butter and cook onion until tender.
6. Add onion, parsley, and eggs to soaked bread rolls. Knead everything until smooth past develops. Shape into 8 balls, keep hand moist to avoid sticking.
7. Bring plenty of water to boil in a large sauce pan. Reduce heat and place dumplings into sauce pan. Cook dumplings over low heat for @ 20 min.
8. Lift dumplings out of water with slotted spoon. Serve with mushroom sauce.
1. Peel and chop onions. Melt the butter, cook the onions until tender.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 min or so. Dust with flour and fry another min., then pour veg stock into pan.
3. Add 1/2 c warm water and cream.
4. Season with thyme, salt, pepper and cook over gentle heat for 10 min., until thickened.
Serve with weinerschnitzel and green salad and beer for a true German experience.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Bread Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce Reviews
This recipe is from a kids' cookbook. We made it with a small group of 3rd-5th graders and it was DELICIOUS!
9 months, 2 weeks, 20 hours, 26 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.