Huevos Rancheros Preparation
Preheat a pizza stone in the oven to 400. While the oven heats up, dice the green onions and set the refries on med-low heat to warm up. When the stone is hot, heat up your skillet. Warm the salsa for 30 sec in the microwave. Then, in the following order:
- crack eggs into skillet
- put 4 tortillas on the oven stone, about 15sec per side
- plate the tortillas and smear liberally with refries
- put cheese on eggs in skillet and cover for a few seconds to melt
- set eggs on top of refries
- pour warm salsa verde over everything
Don't use frozen tortillas, they curl immediately when they hit the hot stone
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Huevos Rancheros. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven