4 people want to try | 4 have favorited
1. Dice pork and brown in a stock pot with onion and garlic.
2. Drain the fat out of the browned pork.
3. Process 1/2 of the green chilies until smooth
4. In the same stock pot, heat the oil and add onions and garlic; saute until tender but not brown.
5. Stir flour into the onion, garlic, and oil until fat absorbs the oil.
6. Add broth.
7. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil and is slightly thickened.
8. Add cubed meat, drained tomatoes, chopped tomatillos, all of the green chilies and jalapenos.
9. Add spices a little at a time until you get the taste you like, bringing to a simmer before each addition.
10. Simmer for at least an hour and a half (longer if you can afford it), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
11. When the chile is 20-30 minutes from finished, add cubed red potatoes.
12. Serve over warm tortilla or as a stew.
Make sure you get BIG tomatillos because the small ones are a bit more bitter. Also, the spices might seem a little over indulgent, but they really make the flavor pop if you cook it long enough. I have not tried this in slow cooker, but if someone does please tell me how it turns out.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Chile Verde Con Cerdo. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!