Nutty Summer Squash with Cheese
If you love Squash and Zucchini like I do then you'll love this little side dish. It's light feeling is refreshing and will keep you coming back for seconds.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Squash
favorite of 0 people 2 people want to try
Verified by SunnyJF
Nutty Summer Squash with Cheese Preparation
1. Coat pan with olive oil and heat on medium heat.
2. Mix Broth, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag
3.. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring the whole time.
4. Add Zucchini and Squash to pan.
5. Pour just enough broth mixture over each piece of veggie to coat piece.
6. Cover and Simmer stir occasionally for about 6 minutes or until the "meat" of the vegetables becomes tender (I like mine to be almost translucent but milky, you might want yours firmer)
7. Plate and cover with grated cheese (which will melt if done quickly) and add Pine nuts.
I end up make each serving of this separately because of the size of my frying pans and the size of the veggies in my area are on the big side. If you have to do this do not worry about it just repeat the steps.
Option 1. you may want to use walnuts or pecans either of these should be roasted before using with this dish
Option 2. Coarsely chopped the pine nuts and add them to the pan about two minutes before removing from heat.
Play with different cheeses with this I personally like mixed cheese with this but you could fine a white cheese that would agree with this by it's self. I do not recommend yellow cheeses as they would give it a harsher taste.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Nutty Summer Squash with Cheese. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven