Ready in 45 minutes
A delicious chocolate treat, with three different layers of texture. A lovely chilled chocolate mousse cake served even friged for a few days.
"I posted it
1. The cake I bake in fan oven 150 degee C for 30 mins but if you sre using normal oven you might need to bake for 40 mins
2. For more flavor you may drizzle or spray some liquer like Baileys, Brandy or Rum on top of the cake before pouring mousse mixture to cake tin.
3. For easy demold the cake, you may use a springform or loosebottom 9" diameter cake tin."
Top-ranked recipe named "Chocolate Chocolate Mousse Cake "
For the cake:
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Grease a 8 1/2" cake tin. (Springform tin preferably).
- Line the tin with parchment paper.
2) Melt chocolate & roughly dice butter in a double boiler .
- Mix well and remove from heat.
3) and add coffee into mixture.
- (Do not panic if you see melted butter floating on top of mixture, it will be fine after we mix with egg yolk.)
4) Separate egg whites and yolks. Set aside the whites.
- Beat yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy.
5) Add melted chocolate mixture to eggs and then the flour. Mix.
6) Beat whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then fold into chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time until mixture is well blended with no streaks of egg whites.
7) Pour mixture into tin and bake for 30 minutes.
8) Let the cake cool in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out on the rack. (It is normal to see the cake fall and shrink from the cake tin)
For the crunchy chocolate base:
1) Line the same cake tin (washed and dried) used to bake the cake in with cling film, making sure the film hangs over the edges of the tin. This will make it easier for you when de-molding the cake after it's frozen.
2) Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler until well mixed. Remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.
3) Mix chocolate mixture with crisp rice cereal.
4) Spread mixture evenly into the lined cake tin.
5) Trim the cake edges if necessary and plate the cake onto the center of the tin.
6) Leave it in the refrigerator.
For the mousse:
1) Whisk cream until it just holds its shape.
2) Melt chocolate in a double boiler, then add icing sugar. Keep stirring until everything is melted. Remove from heat.
3) Separate egg yolks and whites. Set aside the whites. Beat yolks into melted chocolate mixture and allow to cool a little; the mixture will become stiff.
4) Whisk egg white until stiff.
5) Using a metal spoon, gently fold cream into cooled chocolate mixture and then fold in the egg whites. Do not over-mix, but ensure the mixture is well blended with no streaks of either egg whites nor cream.
6) Pour the mousse onto the chocolate cake base in the tin and refrigerate overnight.
7) To decorate, dust generously with cocoa powder on top and stick almond flakes on the side of the cake.
You may also spray some Liquer like Baileys, Brandy or Rum on to the cake base before pouring chocolate mousse into the cake tin.
You may also enjoy:
Jeanwgriffin 9 months agoLooks amazing but please repost with standard measurements. BigOven will convert from standard to metric but not the other way around. :-(
Clau03 1 year agoI have amended the recipe - a 8' - 8.5' tin is good enough for this receipt
Clau03 1 year agoI posted it notes: 1. The cake I bake in fan oven 150 degee C for 30 mins but if you sre using normal oven you might need to bake for 40 mins 2. For more flavor you may drizzle or spray some liquer like Baileys, Brandy or Rum on top of the cake before pouring mousse mixture to cake tin. 3. For easy demold the cake, you may use a springform or loosebottom 9' diameter cake tin.