Ready in 45 minutes
1 people want to try | 2 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Charred Green Beans w/Almond Marjoram Pesto (Italian)"
1. First, make the pesto: Combine the garlic, marjoram, basil & salt in a food processor. Process until chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the almonds & pulse to form a smooth paste. Taste for seasoning, then set aside. (This pesto will keep for 1 week in the fridge if the surface is covered with a layer of oil.)
2. Heat a 12 inch to 14 inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. When it's hot enough to evaporate a bead of water, swirl 3 tablespoons of the oil around in the skillet. Add half of the green beans & sauté them for several minutes, stirring constantly, until they are just tender & starting to turn dark brown in spots. This should look & feel like a stir-fry.
3. Transfer the beans to a plate, but keep the pan on the heat. Repeat with the remaining beans & set them aside.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the garlic & chili. Cook for about 1 minute. Add the vinegar & the sugar. Let it sputter for 10 seconds. Then return the still-warm beans to the skillet & stir until they are coated & hot.
5. To serve, spread a thin layer of the almond pesto on a platter. Then pile the beans up & spoon more pesto over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
There are no reviews yet for Charred Green Beans w/Almond Marjoram Pesto (Italian). Be the first to review it!