Apricot & walnut loaf
|280 g ( 10 oz / 2 cups )Plain white flour|
|2 1/2 teaspoonsBaking powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsground mixed spice|
|85 g (3 oz ) butterDiced|
|45 g (2 oz / 1/3 cup )Soft light brown sugar|
|200 g ( 7 oz / 1 1/4 cupsReady to eat dried apricots|
|120 g ( 4 1/2 oz / 1 cup)Walnuts roasted & chopped|
|200 ml ( 7 fl oz / 3/4cup)Milk|
|2 SmallEggs , beaten to fluff|
Apricot & walnut loaf Preparation
1. Remove the kneading blade from the bread pan. Remove the bread pan from the machine, grease and line the base and side of the pan and set aside.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl, then lightly rub in the butter. Stir in apricots, sugar and walnuts.
Beat eggs with some sugar until fluffy. Gradually, beat in the milk and eggs into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
Spoon the mixture into the bread pan and level the surface.
3. Place the bread pan in position in the machine and close the lid. Set the machine to "Bake Only" for 60 min. Press start
4. After baking, a fine skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf, should come out clean. If necessary , bake for a further 10 to 15 min or until cooked.
5. Remove the bread pan from the machine using oven gloves, then leave to stand for 5 min before turning loaf onto wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold in slices.
Beat eggs with some sugar so that eggs stay fluffy
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Apricot & walnut loaf. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven