18 people want to try | 15 have favorited
1. In medium bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest
2. Lighly spray a 9"x13:" baking pan with cooking spay
3. Place 20 sheets of filo on bottom of pan,spraying with butter as you layer
4. Spread 1/2 walnut mixture
5. Layer another 15 sheets of filo,spraying each layer with butter
6. Bake at 350 for 45 - 60 min until golden brown
7. In the meantime, mix all syrup ingredients in small saucepan except lemon peel. Bring to a slight boil until all ingredients are incorporated. Remove from heat,stir in lemon peel.
8. Cool slightly; create slits with small paring knife; pour warm syrup evenly over entire baklava until saturated and top has thin layer of syrup. Baklava will absorb it. Let stand until cool; cut into 9 squares.Insert whole clove into center of each piece for garnish (optional)
Perfect every time!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Baklava (The Grove Farmers Market & Bistro). Be the first to review it!