Tortellini and Broccoli Casserole
|2 clovesGarlic; finely chopped|
|1 Onion; finely chopped|
|1 cupTomato puree or sauce|
|1 tablespoonTomato paste|
|1/2 teaspooneach, dried thyme, basil and oregano|
|1/2 teaspoonBlack pepper|
|1 poundTortellini (meat or cheese)|
|1 bunchBroccoli; trimmed and cut into chunks|
|2 cupsCheddar or marble cheese; grated|
|1/2 cupParmesan cheese; grated|
Tortellini and Broccoli Casserole Preparation
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic and onion. Cook gently 3 to 4 min until fragrant and tender.
2. Sprinkle with flour. Cook 3 to 4 min longer; don't brown.
3. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook 5 min. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
4. Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 5 min. Add broccoli and continue to cook for 3 min longer. Drain well.
5. Combine drained tortellini mixture with sauce. Add marble or Cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 3 qt (3 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) for 30 min or until hot and lightly browned.
This sauce is simple but very tasty. Make extra and freeze some for later ;)
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Tortellini and Broccoli Casserole. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.