Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean
Try this Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean recipe, or contribute your own.
"I fixed the corn thing. I use chickpeas now to decrease carbs and use of GMO's and forgot that my pic was of the original recipe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention."- kartrinapeterswalker
160 people want to try | 123 have favorited
|1 1/2 TspGarlic; Minced|
|3/4 CupQuinoa; Uncooked|
|1 1/2 CupsVegetable broth|
|1/4 TspCayenne pepper|
|1 TbspLime Juice|
|1 CanChickpeas; (or corn) Drained and rinsed. (I use chickpeas to decrease carbs and GMO's)|
|2-15oz CansBlack beans; Drained and rinsed|
|1/2 CupFresh Cilantro; Chopped|
|1 Ripe avocado; Diced|
|1/2 TspSalt; To taste|
|Pepper; To taste|
Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean Preparation
1. Rinse quinoa in a strainer.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of Vegetable broth in a large nonstick saucepan. Stir in chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onion is soft.
3. Add quinoa and the rest of the vegetable broth to the pan. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
4. Stir in lime juice and chickpeas. Heat for approx 5 more minutes until chickpeas are hot.
5. Finally stir in black beans and cilantro. Top with avocado.
6. Serve hot or cold. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Quinoa will have a bitter taste if not rinsed before preparing.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven