Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean recipe, or contribute your own.
"I fixed the corn thing. I use chickpeas now to decrease carbs and use of GMO's and forgot that my pic was of the original recipe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention."- kartrinapeterswalker
322 people want to try | 232 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Southwest Vegan Quinoa and Black Bean"
1. Rinse quinoa in a strainer.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of Vegetable broth in a large nonstick saucepan. Stir in chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onion is soft.
3. Add quinoa and the rest of the vegetable broth to the pan. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
4. Stir in lime juice and chickpeas. Heat for approx 5 more minutes until chickpeas are hot.
5. Finally stir in black beans and cilantro. Top with avocado.
6. Serve hot or cold. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Quinoa will have a bitter taste if not rinsed before preparing.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
shellyclaeys 2 weeks agoI made this with what I had on hand. .. quinoa, black beans & corn... no avocado. For spices I used garlic and Mrs Dash Caribbean Lime. It was delicious!
Rknight1015 10 months agoDelicious & filling! I added chopped green onions with the cilantro and topped with avocado and tomatoes! Yum!
Healthymommy 1 year agoLoved this and it's so healthy! I added a little olive oil to keep it moist and did corn as well as chick peas. It was so yummy!
Ammunro 1 year agoDelicious! And really easy to add whatever you have in your fridge. In my case kale, tomato and mushrooms. Yum!
kartrinapeterswalker 1 year agoI fixed the corn thing. I use chickpeas now to decrease carbs and use of GMO's and forgot that my pic was of the original recipe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
DavidSarnowski 1 year agoThe picture seems to include corn, but the recipe does not. It is very good though!
kartrinapeterswalker 1 year agoI posted this recipe. One of our family's favorite go-to's.