Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Perfectly Boiled Eggs recipe, or contribute your own.
"This really is the best method for making hard boiled eggs. 10 minutes seems to be perfect, not runny inside and no gray rim between the yolk and the white. "- ees55
189 people want to try | 333 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Perfectly Boiled Eggs"
1. Place eggs into a pot and fill with cold water, covering the eggs by about an inch.
2. Add one teaspoon of salt to the water.
3. Bring the water to a full boil on high heat.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and cover. Let the eggs sit, covered, in the hot water for at least 3 minutes and up to 15 minutes, depending on your preference for a soft or hard yolk. I prefer a fully cooked boiled egg, so mine sit for the full 15 minutes.
5. Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice cold water.
6. Roll the cooled egg against a hard surface until it cracks and slip the shell off.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Anne2014 1 week agoPerfect every time, this is also how Cooks Illustrated magazine recommends making hard boiled eggs.
jtrevino06 1 month agoNo gray/green film! Makes a super bright yellow yolk.
Tatertotter 1 month ago
ees55 5 months agoThis really is the best method for making hard boiled eggs. 10 minutes seems to be perfect, not runny inside and no gray rim between the yolk and the white.
evdog.mcadasis 1 year agoyei that's the best way for boiling eggs! Thank you Big Oven