Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts
Try this Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts recipe, or contribute your own. "Saute" and "Fry" are two of the tags cooks chose for Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts.
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
4 people trying soon
|1 poundChinese egg noodles; fresh|
|1/2 poundBeef flank steak|
|2 tablespoonOyster sauce|
|2 tablespoonDark soy sauce|
|1 tablespoonLight soy sauce|
|1/2 cupChicken broth|
|2 teaspoonAsian sesame oil|
|1/2 teaspoonWhite pepper|
|4 tablespoonPeanut oil|
|2 pieceGinger; fresh peeled, bruised|
|2 cloveGarlic; bruised|
|1/2 poundFresh bean sprouts|
|1 cupChinese garlic chives|
|1/2 tablespoonSoy sauce|
|2 teaspoonRice wine; or dry sherry|
|1 teaspoonSesame oil|
Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts Preparation
1. Add noodles to a large pot of boiling salted water. Stir and when it reaches a second boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
2. Cut meat against the grain in 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. Mix beef marinade. Add beef strips and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauces, chicken broth, sesame oil, sugar, and white pepper.
5. Preheat a wok. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 slice of ginger and garlic, and half of the salt; saute until fragrant. Increase to high heat, add beef; stir-fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
6. Heat remaining oil in the wok over medium heat. Add the remaining ginger, garlic and salt. Pour in sauce mixture, stir and bring to a boil. Add noodles and toss to coat with the sauce. Add the bean sprouts, chives and return the beef; stir-fry.
7. Pick out and discard ginger and garlic.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts Reviews
[I made edits to this recipe.]
6 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes ago