Oven Fried Cajun Potatoes
Hot potato, spicy and crisp on the outside, warm and moist inside. AND it's not fried"I found that putting the cornmeal mixture in a large plastic bag worked well. You can drop all the pieces in, shake the bag, and fish 'em out with a slotted spoon. While I was at it I oven fried some oysters and a fish fillet. " - promfh
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
340 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1 teaspoonCayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoonChili powder|
|1/4 teaspoonGround cumin|
|1/4 teaspoonBlack Pepper; freshly ground|
|1/4 teaspoonDried Oregano|
|1 cupCorn meal|
|1/4 cupEgg whites; - 1 egg worth|
|2 tablespoonMilk; - 1% or skim is fine|
|4 mediumRusset potatoes; - cut in spears or wedges|
Oven Fried Cajun Potatoes Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425? F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place baking sheet in oven while the oven is preheating.
2. In a large bowl, combine Cornmeal, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, oregano and salt. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the egg white and milk
4. Dip potates in the egg wash
5. Add potatoes to spice mixture and toss to coat. Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared pan. Spray them lightly on top with oil.
Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
I found that putting the cornmeal mixture in a large plastic bag worked well. You can drop all the pieces in, shake the bag, and fish 'em out with a slotted spoon. While I was at it I oven fried some oysters and a fish fillet.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?