Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
Try this Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup recipe, or contribute your own. "Lemon" and "Milk" are two of the tags cooks chose for Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup.
Yield: 10 Ready in 45 minutes
2 people trying soon
|1 1/2 tbChile oil|
|1 Red onion; diced|
|1/2 Red bell pepper; cut|
|1/2 Green bell pepper; cut|
|1/2 Yellow bell pepper; cut|
|2 Habanero chiles; stemmed|
|1 Jalapeno chile; stemmed|
|4 Thai chiles; stemmed|
|2 Serrano chiles; stemmed|
|1 Poblano chile; stemmed|
|1 Green New Mexican chile;|
|2 tbGinger; freshly grated|
|1/2 headgarlic; minced|
|1/4 lbShiitake mushrooms|
|1/4 lbCrimini mushrooms; thinly sliced|
|2 1/2 cCoconut milk|
|2 1/2 cChicken Stock|
|1/2 lbChicken breast; skinless,|
|2 tbRice wine vinegar|
|1 cBaby corn; sliced|
|1/2 bnFresh cilantro; cleaned|
|juice and zest of half a lemon|
|Salt to taste|
Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup Preparation
1. Heat a large soup pot, add the oil. Add the onions, lemongrass, and all the peppers and chiles and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, and mushrooms, reduce the heat and continue to saute for 10 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to very low and stir in the coconut milk, stock, and chicken. Heat very slowly, but do not allow the soup to boil!
4. Simmer until the chicken is just tender.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, garnish with a couple of Thai chiles, if desired, and serve.
Heat Scale: Extremely Hot
Recipe by: Bradley Koehler
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 673 by RecipeLu ~~ltrecipelu~~at;geocities.com> on Feb 01, 1998
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup Reviews
[I made edits to this recipe.]
5 years, 3 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes ago