Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers
Try this Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers recipe, or contribute your own. "Broil" and "Vegetables" are two of the tags cooks chose for Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers."I thought this was really good. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I would likely not serve it to house guests. It is going in my repertoire for personal use. The next time I make this I am going to try using egg whites to cut down on the calories and cholesterol. For those who complained about too much heat, try taking out the pepper seeds. " - thelittlemissmolly
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
349 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers Preparation
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Oven Temp: 400F / 200C / Gas mark 6
1. Preheat oven.
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; add onion and saute until soft.
3. Stir in corn, zucchini and chipotles and cook for 6-7 minutes stirring often.
4. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the eggs, season to taste.
5. Spread corn mixture into a greased casserole.
6. Crumble stale corn tortillas, and mix with remaining cheese.
7. Sprinkle cheese/tortilla mixture over top and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
This is a very tasty casserole that even kids will enjoy if you remove the Chipotles. You can add half the amount of chipotles to half of the mixture and cook in two separate casseroles. Baking time may be slighlty lees. This way you can enjoy the full flavour of the dish and get your kids to eat zucchini without them even knowing it.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?