1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Cover dough (or form into a ball and wrap in cling wrap) and chill for at least one hour (or overnight), until dough is stiff.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Roll out dough on a floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
5. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven until lightly golden around the edges. Cool completely on a cooling rack prior to icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (23g)|
|Recipe Makes: 60 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 56 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.3g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 82.7mg||25 %|
|Sodium 68.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 25.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 65
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.