1. Butter and flour a 9-inch round cae pan.
2. In a saucepan, heat butter and corn syrup until butter is melted. Stir in chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
3. Add sugar and eggs. Stir until well blended. Stir in vanilla, flour and nuts.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350-degrees for 30 mintues until center springs back when touched.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out of pan onto a rack.
6. For glaze, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup in saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla.
7. Frost top and sides of torte. Chill until set. Garnish with sliced strawberries. Cu into weges. Serve
Good served with: Whipped cream, if desired, and coffee and tea.
To freeze torte, place it unwrapped in the freezer. When frozen through, wrap airtight. Unwrap before thawing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (117g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 272 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.2g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.5g|
|Cholesterol 107.9mg||33 %|
|Sodium 329.3mg||11 %|
|Potassium 214.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 36.8g|
|Protein 8.3g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!