- Whisk flour, yeast and salt in large bowl
- Add water, beer and vinegar using rubber spatula, fold mixture scraping up dry flour from bottom until shaggy ball forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for 8-18 hours
- Lay a 12x18 inch sheet of parchment paper inside a 10 inch skillet and spray with nonstick spray
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and knead 10-15 times.
- Shape dough into a ball by pulling edges to the middle
- Transfer to parchment seam side down, and spray surface of dough with nonstick spray
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise at room temp until dough is doubled in size (about 2 hours)
- About 30 min before baking adjust the oven rack to the lowest position, place a 6-8 quart heavy bottomed dutch oven with lid on rack and heat oven to 500
- Lightly flour top of dough and cut one 6 inch long 1/2 inch deep slit along top of dough
- remove pan from oven remove lid and carefully place the dough into the dutch oven lifting by the corners of the parchment paper
- Cover pot and return to oven reduce heat to 425
- Bake covered for 30 min
- remove lid and continue to bake until loaf is deep brown and thermometer reads 210 (about 20 min)
- remove bread to wire rack and let cool
-=VARRIENT WITH ROSEMARY AND PARMESAN=-
- Follow the recipe adding 4 ounces finely grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon rosemary to flour mixture in step 1
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (64g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 52.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 33.2g|
|Protein 4.7g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 165
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!