Ready in 30 minutes
This is a wonderful appetizer for any party! Caponata is traditionally a Sicilian eggplant dish but there are a lot of variations available. This recipe is just wonderful with feta, olives and pine nuts.
* In a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onions, pine nuts, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
* Add the eggplant continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the thyme, chopped tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Fold in Alouette® Feta Mediterranean Crumbles
Serve the caponata spooned on crostini or in middle of table with crostini on side to allow guests to help themselves.