This is a wonderful appetizer for any party! Caponata is traditionally a Sicilian eggplant dish but there are a lot of variations available. This recipe is just wonderful with feta, olives and pine nuts.
* In a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onions, pine nuts, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
* Add the eggplant continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the thyme, chopped tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Fold in Alouette® Feta Mediterranean Crumbles
Serve the caponata spooned on crostini or in middle of table with crostini on side to allow guests to help themselves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (105g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 4.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 164.9mg||6 %|
|Potassium 193.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 107
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.