* In a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onions, pine nuts, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
* Add the eggplant continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the thyme, chopped tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Fold in Alouette® Feta Mediterranean Crumbles
Serve the caponata spooned on crostini or in middle of table with crostini on side to allow guests to help themselves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (105g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 4.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 164.9mg||6 %|
|Potassium 193.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 107
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe