1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9inch wide 3inch deep cake pan.
2. Put the grated carrots into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt into the bowl with the carrots. Toss until they are well coated.
4. In a food processor, combine the sugars, eggs, and yogurt. While processing, drizzle in the oil. Add this mixture to the carrot mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 45 mins. adjust oven to 325 degrees and bake 20 mins. longer or until a skewer is inserted in the center of the cake and comes out clean. Cool for 15 mins. before turning cake out. Cool cake completely and cover with your favorite frosting. I love it with cream cheese frosting!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (253g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 41 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 108.2mg||33 %|
|Sodium 5863.3mg||202 %|
|Potassium 473.5mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 57.1g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 55.4g|
|Protein 13.4g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 319
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe