Ready in 1 hour 35 minutes
If it's good enough for Alton, it's good enough for me!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9inch wide 3inch deep cake pan.
2. Put the grated carrots into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt into the bowl with the carrots. Toss until they are well coated.
4. In a food processor, combine the sugars, eggs, and yogurt. While processing, drizzle in the oil. Add this mixture to the carrot mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 45 mins. adjust oven to 325 degrees and bake 20 mins. longer or until a skewer is inserted in the center of the cake and comes out clean. Cool for 15 mins. before turning cake out. Cool cake completely and cover with your favorite frosting. I love it with cream cheese frosting!
Asnina 3y agoGreat cake, used gluten free flour and came out fantastic
Whedongeek 3y agoThe family liked this a lot, but I didn't think it tasted enough like CARROT cake. It was more like spice cake.
chefhoward76 4y agoWonderful! We really enjoyed this Alton Brown recipe. It was absolutely delicious and very simple to prepare.
foolishbaker 5y agoGreat recipe! It was very moist and very flavorful and is now my family’s favorite carrot cake.
Geoffsmart99 5y agoTop cake works Cook at the lower temp for 1hr
Micktrent 5y agoReally good! I used a little less veg oil and put the carrots in a food processor for a finer texture.
Winterbamboo 6y agomoist and yummy.
Donandjanene 6y agoI'd love to see the show on this one. This is the first cake I've ever made in a food processor! But it came out well. It's moist, though not quite as moist as I'd expect for oil vs butter and 3 eggs. And I do appreciate that it's not that sweet. Pairs excellently with a thick cream cheese icing.
nlovesu 7y agothis cake is very good my co-workers loved it
Foxymoron 7y agoAmanda, I haven't tried making this yet, but I just wanted to comment on how lovely yours looks. Must have been scrumptious!