Top-ranked recipe named "Alton Brown's Carrot Cake"
If it's good enough for Alton, it's good enough for me!
"I'd love to see the show on this one. This is the first cake I've ever made in a food processor! But it came out well. It's moist, though not quite as moist as I'd expect for oil vs butter and 3 eggs. And I do appreciate that it's not that sweet. Pairs excellently with a thick cream cheese icing. "- Donandjanene
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9inch wide 3inch deep cake pan.
2. Put the grated carrots into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt into the bowl with the carrots. Toss until they are well coated.
4. In a food processor, combine the sugars, eggs, and yogurt. While processing, drizzle in the oil. Add this mixture to the carrot mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 45 mins. adjust oven to 325 degrees and bake 20 mins. longer or until a skewer is inserted in the center of the cake and comes out clean. Cool for 15 mins. before turning cake out. Cool cake completely and cover with your favorite frosting. I love it with cream cheese frosting!
Asnina 1 year agoGreat cake, used gluten free flour and came out fantastic
Whedongeek 1 year agoThe family liked this a lot, but I didn't think it tasted enough like CARROT cake. It was more like spice cake.
chefhoward76 2 years agoWonderful! We really enjoyed this Alton Brown recipe. It was absolutely delicious and very simple to prepare.
foolishbaker 3 years agoGreat recipe! It was very moist and very flavorful and is now my family’s favorite carrot cake.
Geoffsmart99 3 years agoTop cake works Cook at the lower temp for 1hr
Micktrent 4 years agoReally good! I used a little less veg oil and put the carrots in a food processor for a finer texture.
Winterbamboo 4 years agomoist and yummy.
Donandjanene 4 years agoI'd love to see the show on this one. This is the first cake I've ever made in a food processor! But it came out well. It's moist, though not quite as moist as I'd expect for oil vs butter and 3 eggs. And I do appreciate that it's not that sweet. Pairs excellently with a thick cream cheese icing.
nlovesu 5 years agothis cake is very good my co-workers loved it
Foxymoron 5 years agoAmanda, I haven't tried making this yet, but I just wanted to comment on how lovely yours looks. Must have been scrumptious!