1. Line pans with foil and then preheat oven to 375
2. Trim any extra fat from chicken and put in roaster; use 2 9 X 13 pans if you need the room--don''t crowd the chicken.
3. Mix together the topping (can thin with a little brandy if nec) and toss with the chicken until it is evenly coated with sauce, reserving some rosemary for garnish. Arrange skin side up in pans(s), spaced evenly.
4. Do ahead: can do everything up to this point ahead; just cover pans and refrigerate til ready to cook (remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.)
5. Roast uncovered til chicken is brown (burnished) and cooked through--with thighs, I do it about 50-60 minutes. Want a nice burnish on the chicken.
Garnish with more rosemary
Good for a crowd, esp. when you are doing a lot of other cooking and need something simple. Good served with brussels sprouts with lemon vinaigrette and whole wheat cous cous with a little bit of basil olive oil. Also good with beet tzatziki.
Can garnish with a little fresh rosemary before serving
Adjust the amount of dried fruit to your liking.
Can thin preserves with a little bit of brandy; can add more vinegar if you like it tangier
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 310 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.5g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.3g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.3g|
|Cholesterol 182.4mg||56 %|
|Sodium 177.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 551.2mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 58.3g||83 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 567
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!