Dishes from this landlocked, war-torn country of Armenia is well known to have Mediterranian Near Easter, and Middle Eatern hints in their dishes. Neighboring country is Turkey, Caucasus Mountains oof Georgia and Iran/Persia. MANY Armenians live in our community & have added a strong, historical culture to our community.
1. Saute onions and meat until onions are golden brown.
2. Add speices adn parsley. Cool and refrigerate
-- MIx Meat--
3. Mix meat and bulghar and spices; kneead 15 minutes, adding a little water at a time until this is like a soft dough.
4. Form into balls 1-1/2 inch in diameter.
(Mixture makes about 25 balls)
5. Shape balls into a "shell" and fill with filling.
6. Pinch top together and pat with water to re-shape into a closed ball.
(the balls should be about 2 inches in diameter.
7. Carefully place a few balls at a time into boiling broth to cook for 15 minutes.
Drain in a collander; serve hot.
(coriander is same as cilantro) -- can replace with Lamb as well.
This stuffed meat ball recipe [I believe] comes from our community.
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box after she passed away; she liked it so much, it was neatly typed on a recipe card. I miss her and I love armenaian food.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (587g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 525 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 58.4g||78 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.1g||111 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 178.7mg||55 %|
|Sodium 469.8mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1323.7mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 73.8g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18.3g||73 %|
|Sugars, other 55.5g|
|Protein 60.5g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1054
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe