Dishes from this landlocked, war-torn country of Armenia is well known to have Mediterranian Near Easter, and Middle Eatern hints in their dishes. Neighboring country is Turkey, Caucasus Mountains oof Georgia and Iran/Persia. MANY Armenians live in our community & have added a strong, historical culture to our community.
1. Saute onions and meat until onions are golden brown.
2. Add speices adn parsley. Cool and refrigerate
-- MIx Meat--
3. Mix meat and bulghar and spices; kneead 15 minutes, adding a little water at a time until this is like a soft dough.
4. Form into balls 1-1/2 inch in diameter.
(Mixture makes about 25 balls)
5. Shape balls into a "shell" and fill with filling.
6. Pinch top together and pat with water to re-shape into a closed ball.
(the balls should be about 2 inches in diameter.
7. Carefully place a few balls at a time into boiling broth to cook for 15 minutes.
Drain in a collander; serve hot.
(coriander is same as cilantro) -- can replace with Lamb as well.
This stuffed meat ball recipe [I believe] comes from our community.
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box after she passed away; she liked it so much, it was neatly typed on a recipe card. I miss her and I love armenaian food.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (587g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 525 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 58.4g||78 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.1g||111 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 178.7mg||55 %|
|Sodium 469.8mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1323.7mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 73.8g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18.3g||73 %|
|Sugars, other 55.5g|
|Protein 60.5g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1054
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.