1. Soak onion slivers in buttermilk.
2. Toss onion slivers in seasoned flour.
3. Deep fry onion slivers in batches; set aside on paper towels.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil; season with pepper, if desired.
5. Grill tuna 1 - 2 minutes on each side; best served with outside seared for colour, and center still cold.
6. Place spinach in large bowl. Add cabbages, carrots and onions; mix lightly. Add dressing; toss to coat. Place on service platter. Cut tuna into slices; place on top of salad. Garnish with
The key is to have access to quality sushi-grade tuna, and to only sear it for colour on the outside - the center of the tuna should still be cold after searing!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (230g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 29mg||9 %|
|Sodium 78mg||3 %|
|Potassium 615.1mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 34.4g|
|Protein 18.8g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe