1. Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper and gently pound until
almost double in size. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8
teaspoon of the pepper.
2. In large frypan, place olive oil and heat to medium temperature. Add
garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add spinach and saute until
barely wilted; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8
3. Remove mixture from frypan, drain, cool and divide into 8 parts. On
each chicken breast, place 1 part of the spinach mixture; sprinkle
cheese evenly over chicken, roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
4. In medium bowl, mix eggs and milk. In separate shallow bowl, place
bread crumbs. Add chicken, first in egg mixture and then in bread
crumbs, dredging to coat.
5. In same frypan, place peanut oil and heat to medium temperature. Add
chicken and cook until brown. Remove chicken to pan with cover and bake
in 350? oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
6. To make sauce, drain most of oil from frypan, leaving brown bits on
bottom of pan; add butter and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and
saute about 2 minutes. Add flour, stirring to blend and thicken. Add
chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, and capers. Cook about 4 minutes or
7. Place chicken rolls on serving dish and pour sauce over rolls.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (370g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 239 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.5g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 498mg||153 %|
|Sodium 923.2mg||32 %|
|Potassium 769.3mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 46.6g||67 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe