1. Take 1/4 cup Marston's Salad Dressing and combine with 3 yellow or orange mini bell peppers in a sealable bag. Let rest in bag for around 1/2 hour. Then grill to char or pan fry until the peppers are softened slightly. Remove from heat and place on saucer in refrigerator to cool. After chilled, remove stems with a paring knife. Then slice thin rings of peppers. At least three rings per salad. See the picture for placement of this garnish which is added as a final finish for the salad.
2. Buy 2-3 large endives so that you can select 3 larger size leaves of similar size. Rinse the endive and then cut the bottom stem so that the leaves can be selected. Arrange 3 pieces per plate. See the picture for placement.
3. Add a small amount of chopped avocado to the center of each endive piece. Then add chopped pear at the base where the three endives meet.
4. Using a meat mallet; smash the candied pecans so they are small bits and pieces. Sprinkle the pecans over the endive and pears. Then sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the same area.
5. Garnish with circle slivers of grilled pepper. This is a small amount so don't over do it.
6. Lightly shake Marston's salad dressing over the endive and pears. Again, this is a light touch. Don't over do it. If you do not have Marston's dressing then any slightly sweet vinigarette dressing should provide the same result. To buy Marston's dressing or pecans go to http://www.marstonproducts.com/html/products.htm. I have no affiliation with Marston's. I just love and have used their products for years.
Place plated salad plates in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This will chill the plate and make the salad perfect.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (78g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 155 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.2g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 1.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 58.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 366mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 1.7g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 178
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.