1) Stir the milk and cornstarch together, then beat in the egg yolks. Set aside.
2) Bring the stock to a boil in a 4-qt. soup pot and add the rice. Cook, covered, until the rice is puffy and tender, about 25 minutes.
3) Remove the soup from the heat and add the milk and egg mixture, whisking continuously.
4) Place back over heat and cook for a moment until it thickens.
5) Remove from the heat again and add the butter, parsley, and lemon juice, and the optional grated lemon peel.
6) Add salt and pepper to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (540g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 239 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.6g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.2g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 1019.4mg||314 %|
|Sodium 610.5mg||21 %|
|Potassium 590.4mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.1g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 30.7g|
|Protein 24g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 460
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.