Top-ranked recipe named "Bacon Scallops"
Try this Bacon Scallops recipe, or contribute your own. "Bacon" and "Simple and Elegant" are two tags used to describe Bacon Scallops.
"I made this recipe over 2 years ago and it has been a regular recipe ever since. Just made it again tonight and it was so good!!!! Served with Basmati rice, sliced heirloom tomatoes and roasted kale.... was the perfect meal!"
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Arrange bacon slices on baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 8 minutes.
3. Cut each slice crosswise in half. Cool.
4. Wrap 1 bacon piece around sides of each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
5. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place scallops on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to 3/4 c., about 3 minutes.
7. Add mustard and syrup and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Spoon sauce evenly onto 4 small plates. Arrange scallops decoratively atop sauce.
9. Sprinkle with chives and serve. Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 382 by RecipeLu on Dec 18, 1997
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
inchm 2 years agoI love it. Will definitely cook it again.
twisted1331 2 years ago
Snarf13 3 years agoDelicious. The sauce really came together and added a new dimension to the scallops. Fantastic!
chasarch 3 years agoLoved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
Dickyd 3 years agoThanks for the recipe loved the sauce will be making this over and over again great stuff.
Gardre123 3 years agoLove this dish. The sauce was great
lisacrooke 3 years agoI made this recipe over 2 years ago and it has been a regular recipe ever since. Just made it again tonight and it was so good!!!! Served with Basmati rice, sliced heirloom tomatoes and roasted kale.... was the perfect meal!
fytattoo 3 years agosuper nummy and easy to make...got some really good scallops from costco...wife loved the sauce and and she hates mustard
Cyndim 4 years agoThe best ever scallop recipe. The sauce is worth the effort and calories. Calgary,ABf
MaryThomas 4 years agoI made an adjustment to this recipe. I did not add the sauce. I used the whole piece of bacon and my family just couldn't get enough of these. I will definitely make this again..