* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Butter a large baking dish.
* Bring a sauce pan 3/4 cup of water to a boil. Add asparagus and salt and cook until the spears are just beginning to bend when lifted by the stem (5-7 minutes). Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
* Wrap each asparagus spear in one slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
* Dot with butter and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper.
* Bake until the cheese melts (about 10-15 minutes).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 645 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 71.6g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 27.2g||136 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 30.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.2g|
|Cholesterol 102.2mg||31 %|
|Sodium 982.4mg||34 %|
|Potassium 342.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 14.7g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
HelbergsThis dish accomplished the impossible- my husband actually complimented an asparagus dish and asked me to make it again-- I just about fell off my chair. Thank you.7y ago
sgrishkaThis dish made an excellent addition to our families Thanksgiving table. It was easy to make and absolutely delicious!7y ago
mstanco[I posted this recipe.]9y ago