A delicious indian meal with a tangy, rather than traditional curry flavour. The cherry tomatoes are refreshing and the whole meal leaves you looking forward to the next time. Try serving with homemade Spiced Basmati Rice.
1. Put the tomato ketchup, tamarind paste and water into a large mixing bowl and use a fork to blend everything together.
2. Add the chilli powder, salt, sugar, ginger pulp, garlic pulp, shredded coconut, sesame and poppy seeds, ground cumin and ground coriander to the mixture.
3. Add the chicken pieces and stir until well coated with the spice mixture and set to one side.
4. Heat the oil in a deep round-bottomed frying pay or large karahi. Add the curry leaves, onion seeds, dried red chillies an fenugreek seeds and fry for about 1 minute.
5. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken pieces, along with their sauce, two or three pieces at a time, mixing as you go. When all the pieces are in the pan, stir them around using a slotted spoon.
6. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until the chicjken is thoroughly cooked.
7. Finally, add the tomatoes, fresh coriander and green chillies and serve with rice and cashew nuts if desired.
Tastes great, but not overpowering. Leave out the fresh chillies if preferred
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (696g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 578 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 64.2g||86 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||55 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.1g|
|Cholesterol 167mg||51 %|
|Sodium 367.6mg||13 %|
|Potassium 1654.1mg||44 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 22.5g|
|Protein 60.2g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 921
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.