1. Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs then add buttermilk, vanilla, honey, mashed banana and stir until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack, in the pan, for about 15 minutes.
7. I prepare these ahead and then freeze them for quick breakfast or snack selections. Just a few seconds in the microwave and they are perfect.
1. Apples - Substitute 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples for the bananas and add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Mix apples into the dry ingredients before adding wet ingredients.
2. Blueberries - Substitute 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. Mix blueberries into wet ingredients before adding wet into dry.
3. Substitute yogurt for the buttermilk.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (135g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 95 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.5g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 176.5mg||54 %|
|Sodium 142mg||5 %|
|Potassium 429.6mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.2g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 33g|
|Protein 12.8g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 288
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.