Ready in 45 minutes
Easy and Delicious cheese stuffed barbecue chicken.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Leave chicken breasts at original size OR with a meat mallet, flatten each thawed chicken breast to approximately 1/4 inches.
2. Season both sides with seasonings to your taste.
3. If leaving chicken breasts at original size, cut a pocket into the breast (not all the way through).
4. Stuff each chicken breast with pepper jack cheese slices OR lay desired amount of cheese slices on top of flattened breasts and fold; secure with soaked toothpicks.
5. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and lightly brown chicken breasts on all sides.
6. Transfer chicken to a lightly greased baking dish; place in preheated oven and cook for 20-35 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear; basting with barbecue sauce on both sides frequently.
7. Remove from oven and Enjoy the goodness!!
Chrissyglo 1y ago
Erin_850 3y agoI just made these again recently at the request of the family, and they never disappoint! Tender and juicy and loaded with cheese, topped with my favorite bbq sauce. LOVE how easy and yummy these are. Make sure you remove the toothpicks!!!! I think you'll enjoy em. :)
Beachbumette 3y agoI have GOT to try this one!
Erin_850 3y agoI've made this recipe quite a few times and it never ceases to amaze me how easy and delicious it is. I put season to your taste, but for some reason it didn't show the seasonings I used in the ingredient list. For those who are curious, I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.. Which are my go to seasonings for any chicken dish :) But I'm sure salt and pepper would be just fine.