Top-ranked recipe named "Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts"
Try this Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts recipe, or contribute your own. "Saute" and "Fry" are two tags used to describe Beef Lo Mein with Bean Sprouts.
1. Add noodles to a large pot of boiling salted water. Stir and when it reaches a second boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
2. Cut meat against the grain in 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. Mix beef marinade. Add beef strips and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauces, chicken broth, sesame oil, sugar, and white pepper.
5. Preheat a wok. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 slice of ginger and garlic, and half of the salt; saute until fragrant. Increase to high heat, add beef; stir-fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
6. Heat remaining oil in the wok over medium heat. Add the remaining ginger, garlic and salt. Pour in sauce mixture, stir and bring to a boil. Add noodles and toss to coat with the sauce. Add the bean sprouts, chives and return the beef; stir-fry.
7. Pick out and discard ginger and garlic.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
cleverkt 8 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]