Tip: Another recipe with the exact-same name "Beef Stroganoff" ranks higher.
Try this Beef Stroganoff recipe, or contribute your own. "American" and "Main Dish" are two of the tags cooks chose for Beef Stroganoff.
"my husband enjoyed this so much that he asked me to make it at least 2 times a month so i know that it is good he is itallian so he usually only eats pasta so i am glad that i made this.. The kids enjoyed it to.. Instead of passing the sour cream i added a little bit to my gravy mixture and it came out wonderful so the kids didn't know that there was sour cream in it..."- libanie2008
1. Stack beef steaks, cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Toss with garlic
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove, repeat with remaining beef, season with salt and pepper
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water, blend well
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef; heat through, serve over noodles. Pass sour cream
chevyjax 1 year agoRecipe as it stands is very unclear . i did it in my crock pot. browned the meat first. added the rest of the ingredients along with a box of beef broth (except sour cream) cooked on low for 8 hours. Added Sour cream right before serving.
Alexarak 1 year agoThe recipe was not clear enough... I don't know if i misunderstood it or if the beef is really supposed to be cooked in 1MINUTE!! Anyway, after following the instructions the result was far away from any beef stragonoff that i ever tested
LantraBell 4 years agoI love the thinkness of this. It had just what I wanted in flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
libanie2008 6 years agomy husband enjoyed this so much that he asked me to make it at least 2 times a month so i know that it is good he is itallian so he usually only eats pasta so i am glad that i made this.. The kids enjoyed it to.. Instead of passing the sour cream i added a little bit to my gravy mixture and it came out wonderful so the kids didn't know that there was sour cream in it...
SunCook 7 years agoQuick and easy for a busy night. Start with frozen steaks just starting to thaw and it will be easy to get thin even slices. I used a garlic pepper blend to replace salt and pepper.
LadyJay 7 years agoI didn't make noodles because my boys like mashed potatoes with gravy. The hardest part of the whole thing was slicing the meat! LOL I also used homemade gravy which had a bit more flavor.
streamrdr 8 years agoVery fast and easy to make. Tasty!
Metshrine 9 years ago[I posted this recipe.]