Ready in 1 hour
There is not much I enjoy eating more than chocolate cake. This is a recipe my mother gave me that is my favorite homemade cake recipe I've found so far.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Sift together dry ingredients
3. Add oil, coffee, and milk; mix at medium speed for 2 minutes
4. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix for 2 more minutes ***BATTER WILL BE THIN***
5. Pour into a pan of your choice. There is enough batter for a single 9x13 inch pan, two 9 inch round pans, a single bundt pan, or 30 regular sized cupcakes.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out completely clean. Cooking times vary largely by oven and pan type.
LenaBean35 4m agoI knew there was an easy chocolate cake recipe out there ?? I'm tight on money and my 11 year old step son's birthday is near...this will be awesome because I have all those ingredients! Looking forward to posting pics soon ??
hjordan56 10m agoI made this last week and my husband said it was the best birthday cake he'd ever had! I cooked it for 45 minutes and it was perfect.
Clairee333 1y agoThis the best chocolate cake I've ever had! I made it for my husbands birthday, I did a triple decker cake with cream & cherries. It is the lightest & most moist cake ever!
maevemary 1y agoThis is an absolutely fabulous cake. It is my go to receipe. My family and friends all request this particular cake. I add a layer of chocolate ganache between the buttercream and sponge. I make and sell cakes in a small way and this is the cake most asked for.
Andrelicious 1y agoAwesome cake we often make this when ever their is a birthday
naneen66 1y ago
angrose 4y agoI posted this recipe. It is one of my favorite cake recipes.