Ready in 45 minutes
A clone of Boston Market's meat loaf
"Rich, moist meat loaf made with savory seasonings and covered with zesty hickory barbecue sauce" America' Most Wanted Recipes. This meat loaf is perfect for people who don't like onions and peppers in their meat loaf-like me! It however is the most delicious meat loaf ever!!!
"The flavor was very good and a nice switch up from the traditional meatloaf. For me, my meatloaf in a glass loaf pan got too hardened on the bottom and the end pieces were a bit dark - not burned. Next time I make this, and I will make it again, the last 30 minutes I will lower to 375.
1, Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, bbq sauce and the sugar; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
3. With your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients.
4. Form the mixture into a loaf and placed into a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. (If you don't have a loaf pan, that's ok - I use a rectangular pan and that works fine)
5. Bake, COVERED, for 30 mins.
6. Uncover and drain the fat from the pan, then slice the meat loaf while still in the pan.
7. Drizzle the reserved tomato sauce mixture evenly over the meat loaf. (The reserved amount of sauce is not enough for us-I make more sauce while meatloaf is cooking so that every slice has sauce on the top and so that the sauce runs down into between the slices).
8. Bake, UNCOVERED, for an additional 30 mins or until cooked thoroughly.
whiterabbit421 4m agoDelicious! I've been making meatloaf for years but with this meatloaf I topped them all! Easy, simple, and impressive!
verlindasmith 1y agoGreat meat loaf. Family approved. That's all that matters.
cjcammarata 1y agoOh my this is so yummy. I double it and only make one change (2 lbs beef 1 lb pork). It is heaven in my mouth. Even my meatloaf hating roommate had seconds.
rachelfelsenrichards 2y agoI made this last night and it was yummy! I sliced jalepenos and pushed them into the meat before cooking. Also I added spicey brown mustard to the ketchup mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe as stated. I would make it again.
nicolewarner1 2y agoMy family enjoyed it, but I do not believe I will use the same recipe next time.
mariannebonannomeyer 2y agoWe all loved it.
passionateone 2y ago
jmbrow9 2y agoCheap, quick, and tasty. That's a win in my book!
bettyluna83 2y agoThis was great! Juicy too.
nicolewarner1 2y agoIt was okay not the best.