Ready in 45 minutes
I was looking for a recipe that made chocolate chip cookies in which the chocolate chips were melty and gooey and I found this recipe. They are the best cookies ever!! The secret is the sea salt-you have these delicious sweet, buttery cookies and every once in a while you get a hint of salt and it's an awesome contrast to the sweetness. **From Savory Sweet Life blog**
1. Preheat oven to 360 F
2. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy-about 3 minutes.
3. Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour until cookie dough is fully incorporated.
5. Finally add chocolate chips.
6. The batter should be thick.
7. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. **This is very important!! When the edges are golden brown, take them out of the oven-otherwise they will over cook!!
9. Allow to remain on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer the parchment paper to a cool surface and cool for 3 minutes.
**Yields 24 Large cookies. I use make 2 1/2 tablespoon balls of dough, if you make them smaller you will get a lot more cookies!
frostheartw 1y agoI love this recipe. I can make any kind of chip cookie and they all taste amazing!
12chica29 1y agoTexture is too cake-like and less like a cookie.
mandringa 1y agoSimply yummy!!
Beaverly 2y agoMy first time making these! They were so good and the Sea salt made them Yummy!
askiss21 2y agoSo I made this recipe once and the cookies turned perfect! Second time I made it, I realized the floir measurement on the recipe was conflicting. It 2 3/4 (12oz) cups flour. 12 oz is a 1 1/2 cups. Following the 12oz of flour I made the cookies and they turned out flat burnt on outside gooey in the middle. So I think the recipe calls for the actual 2and 3/4 cups flour not 12 oz.
kristy_bowers 2y agoAfter months of looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe I've found it. The perfect consistency with great taste. The sea salt puts it over the top. Been making multiple batches for months!
Beckycichos 2y agoMy cookies were not brown, but they are rock hard. I don't think I messed up the recipe. What went wrong?!
ashleyyang 2y agoThese cookies are my favorite! My family loves them. Definitely one of the best chocolate chip cookies recipe I've done. Thank you for sharing!!!
bensmom610 2y agoOne of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Love the addition of sea salt. Don't over bake.
adcinhae 2y agoThey were flat and the consistency was like cake. Awful recipe. I made a batch for a house full of people and I was left with a plate full of cake cookies.