Top-ranked recipe named "Best Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever"
I was looking for a recipe that made chocolate chip cookies in which the chocolate chips were melty and gooey and I found this recipe. They are the best cookies ever!! The secret is the sea salt-you have these delicious sweet, buttery cookies and every once in a while you get a hint of salt and it's an awesome contrast to the sweetness. **From Savory Sweet Life blog**
"Let's just say that these are sooo good that they replaced my son's all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! The same one that he has loved since able to eat solid food. The same one he was always volunyeering me to make for school functions. The same one that we've had for 14 years!!! Yummy!!"
1. Preheat oven to 360 F
2. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy-about 3 minutes.
3. Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour until cookie dough is fully incorporated.
5. Finally add chocolate chips.
6. The batter should be thick.
7. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. **This is very important!! When the edges are golden brown, take them out of the oven-otherwise they will over cook!!
9. Allow to remain on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer the parchment paper to a cool surface and cool for 3 minutes.
**Yields 24 Large cookies. I use make 2 1/2 tablespoon balls of dough, if you make them smaller you will get a lot more cookies!
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
frostheartw 5 months agoI love this recipe. I can make any kind of chip cookie and they all taste amazing!
12chica29 9 months agoTexture is too cake-like and less like a cookie.
mandringa 1 year agoSimply yummy!!
Beaverly 1 year agoMy first time making these! They were so good and the Sea salt made them Yummy!
askiss21 1 year agoSo I made this recipe once and the cookies turned perfect! Second time I made it, I realized the floir measurement on the recipe was conflicting. It 2 3/4 (12oz) cups flour. 12 oz is a 1 1/2 cups. Following the 12oz of flour I made the cookies and they turned out flat burnt on outside gooey in the middle. So I think the recipe calls for the actual 2and 3/4 cups flour not 12 oz.
kristy_bowers 1 year agoAfter months of looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe I've found it. The perfect consistency with great taste. The sea salt puts it over the top. Been making multiple batches for months!
Beckycichos 1 year agoMy cookies were not brown, but they are rock hard. I don't think I messed up the recipe. What went wrong?!
ashleyyang 1 year agoThese cookies are my favorite! My family loves them. Definitely one of the best chocolate chip cookies recipe I've done. Thank you for sharing!!!
bensmom610 1 year agoOne of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Love the addition of sea salt. Don't over bake.
adcinhae 1 year agoThey were flat and the consistency was like cake. Awful recipe. I made a batch for a house full of people and I was left with a plate full of cake cookies.