Top-ranked recipe named "Best Waffles Ever"
This recipe produces light, crisp, slightly moist, seriously delicious waffles. 'Nuff said.
-From Better Homes and Gardens Recipes
"I've always had great results with Better Homes and Gardens recipes, so when this one was posted today, I had to give it a try. There isn't anything fancy about these, just really good basic waffles that were easy to make and delicious...perfect for everyday use! I followed the instructions exactly and the results were wonderful. Light, fluffy waffles that were crisp on the outside, moist on the inside, and tasted great. Next time, I will probably try adding a half teaspoon or more of vanilla extract, just because our family loves vanilla."- sgrishka
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Stir in milk and oil.
3. Add egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (should be lumpy).
4. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
5. Gently fold egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white, Do not overmix.
6. Spoon waffle batter into your waffle iron, making sure not to overfill it.
7. Serve with real maple syrup and unsalted butter.
aineiaszaimaj 4 months ago
Hawleygirl 4 months agoGood but a little plain, next time I will add vanilla extract and cinnamon.
amygoostree 5 months agoGreat basic recipe. Added vanilla and cinnamon to the batter.
rharris0719 5 months agoThe waffles needed some help. After making it as the recipe stated I didn't like it so, I had to add my own touch it give it some flavor. Vanilla and sugar is a must otherwise they are so bland. Next time, I will do half canola and half butter to enhance the flavor and the texture.
MauraSpeckt 5 months agoIt was ok, needs some tweakish things to happen though! B-
hanabuso 5 months agoReally great recipe! These remind me of crepes. Will definitely make again.
scootersweb 6 months agoReally enjoyed this and it is super easy!
kazhmere 7 months agoLOVE LOVE!!! I've been looking for a good belgian waffle recipe that's better than the Krusteaz mix and this is it! My kids are picky when it comes to their waffles so I'm thrilled to have found an approved REAL recipe. (hate buying boxed crap!) THANK YOU!
Kwalityguru 7 months agoExcellent texture. Made a great breakfast!
anggun 8 months ago