* Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
* Add 1 cup of Shortening, cut in with pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas.
* Stir in two eggs, slightly beaten and 1/4 cup of milk (add 1 tablespoon at a time).
* Mix together thoroughly.
* Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between palms of hands to form rolls about 1-11/2 inch in length. Flatten rolls slightly and roll in 1/4 pound of sesame seeds.
* Place on cookie sheets about 3/4 inches apart.
* Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (248g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 280 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.1g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 274.1mg||84 %|
|Sodium 227.6mg||8 %|
|Potassium 237.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 136.6g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 132.9g|
|Protein 18.2g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 890
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe