1. Mix paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, dried thyme, and dried oregano together. Set aside.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat until it is beyond the smoking stage and you see white ash on the skillet bottom, approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour 2 tablespoons melted butter in six small ramekins; set aside and keep warm.
4. Dip each fillet in the remaining melted butter so the both sides are well coated. Sprinkle each side generously and evenly with seasoning mix.
5. Place one or two fillets in skillet and cook uncovered over very high heat until the underside becomes deep brown (almost black) but not burned, about 2 minutes. See note.
6. Turn the fish over and baste with 1 teaspoon of melted butter.
7. Cook until fish is done, about 2 minutes more (see note). Repeat with remaining fillets.
8. Serve while hot with ramekin of butter and lemon wedges.
Can use any firm fleshed fish fillets for this recipe. Cooking time will vary according to the fillets thickness and heat of the skillet.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (262g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 435 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.3g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.4g||147 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 198.6mg||61 %|
|Sodium 141.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 796.3mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 4.4g|
|Protein 32.6g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 579
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.