Bread Pudding w/ Whiskey Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, whip together eggs and sugar. Mix in milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whip until smooth.
3. Arrange bread cubes in a medium baking dish, and top with golden raisins. For best results, layer bread cubes with raisins- for about 3 layers. Cover with the whipped mixture. Allow the bread to become saturated with the mixture.
4. Bake as long as necessary, until lightly browned. In my oven, this runs about 90 minutes.
5. To make the sauce, mix sugar, butter, vanilla extract and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when thoroughly blended, and whisk in the rum. Serve warm over bread pudding.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (594g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 389 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.2g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.9g||104 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 861.7mg||265 %|
|Sodium 788.3mg||27 %|
|Potassium 532.5mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 294g||86 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 291.4g|
|Protein 32.4g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1683
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe