- Oven to 425
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine buttermilk and green onion is a small bowl.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Add chilled butter and rub in with fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough together.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently just to combine, about 3 or 4 turns.
- Roll out to 3/4? thickness
- Cut into biscuits and put on sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each lightly with coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake until golden about 20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 90 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.1g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.1g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 25.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 558.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 95.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 45.7g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.