- Oven to 425
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine buttermilk and green onion is a small bowl.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Add chilled butter and rub in with fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough together.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently just to combine, about 3 or 4 turns.
- Roll out to 3/4? thickness
- Cut into biscuits and put on sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each lightly with coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake until golden about 20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 90 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.1g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.1g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 25.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 558.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 95.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 45.7g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe