1. Melt the 3 tablespoons butter in a large pot. Add chopped onions and saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
2. Add potatoes, squash, paprika and broth. Bring to a boil and then turn down, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove soup from the heat. If you prefer a thicker soup, remove and reserve about 1 cup of liquid from the pot. Puree the soup with a hand blender or upright blender until smooth. Add reserved liquid to thin soup if desired.
4. Add the cream and stir. Return soup to heat and warm over medium heat, do not boil rapidly. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Put 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and fry sage over medium-high to high heat until leaves are crisp and the butter is browned. Garnish the soup bowls with sage leaves and if desired, sprinkle soups decoratively with the browned sage butter.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (920g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.4g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 50.9mg||16 %|
|Sodium 2626.6mg||91 %|
|Potassium 994.8mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 28.9g|
|Protein 7.2g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 315
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.