This recipe comes from Alex Patout's Seafood Kitchen. I got it off of their website and it is WONDERFUL. This is easy to prepare, only takes a few minutes, and so rich and delicious. I make this often for company and it is one of my son's favorite foods. You may eat this over rice, pasta, or my preference, with a loaf of crusty bread. I have also doubled this for a crowd - works well, but it does make a lot when you do this. This can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. ***reminds me of Papadeaux's Blackened Seafood Fondue***
1. Pour the cream into a large heavy skillet or saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
2. The cream will rise before it begins to boil; just stir it to keep it from overflowing.
3. Once it begins to simmer, add the herbs, salt, peppers, green onions, and parsley, and continue to let simmer until it becomes thick, 7-8 minutes.
4. Stir in the shrimp and let cook 3-4 minutes, then add the crawfish.
5. Mix well and let cook 2-3 minutes.
6. Gently fold in the crab meat (you paid a premium price for it, so don?t destroy those precious lumps).
7. Let cook 2-3 minutes more, then add the 1-1/2 cups cheese and stir gently until it has melted.
8. Preheat the broiler.
9. Pour the hot seafood mixture into a large ovenproof dish or individual ramekins.
10. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese and glaze under the broiler.
11. Serve immediately.
This dish should really be prepared fresh. It doesn?t take long to make, and your guests or family will enjoy watching you prepare it. You don?t have to use all three kinds of seafood, either. Try it with just one or two of them, increasing the amounts, or substitute other kinds of seafood that are readily available.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (213g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 244 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.1g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.3g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 197.2mg||61 %|
|Sodium 799mg||28 %|
|Potassium 493.5mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 34.8g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 404
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.