This is My very own recipe and although you will find many " ADOBO" recipes that originate from the philipines/ hawiian culture * not mexican*, this has a twist to it compared to all the others . theres a great unique balance with all the ingredients and it can best be described like a cross hybrid of both sweet and sour and teriyaki.. the clove and bay leaf do stand out.
1. In a large mixxing bowl/ pan whisk all ingredients except chicken together and make sure they are well blended
ensure that the lemons have been cut in half and you squeeze all the lemon juice out and throw the lemons in with it.
2. Add chicken pieces to it and cover well and marinate about 3 - 6 hours.
3. Pull chicken out and place on oiled sheet pan and bake 3/4 of the way off.
4. Place the marinade and everything in it in a stock pot and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover the pan and allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes, slightly thicken it if neccasary with corn starch and water.
4. Strain the sauce, place the chicken in deep pan or cassarole type dish and cover generously with the sauce and cover and baste additional hour.
** Serves well over bed of white rice and peas**
You can use any part of the chicken but the thighs and legs have the best flavor.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (259g)|
|Recipe Makes: 50|
|Calories from Fat: 299 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.2g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.7g|
|Cholesterol 157.9mg||49 %|
|Sodium 631.9mg||22 %|
|Potassium 430.7mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 19.3g|
|Protein 33.7g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 521
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe