1. Cut leeks in half length-wise and then cut the halves into half-moons about 1/2 inch thich. Soak the leeks in cold water for 30 minutes stirring often to get the dirt out. Drain well
2. Cut the cauliflower int quarters, remove the core and break into large florets. Rinse under cold water and dry well.
3. In large pot, melt the butter under medium-high heat, add the leeks and sautee until softened but not browned. About 20 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and 3 cups of water. Raise heat to high, bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, covered, about 30-45 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
5. Add the cream, bring to a boil, then immediately remove from the heat.
6. Using a food mill or blender, puree the soup in small batches until very fine.
7. Adjust the texture of the soup by adding the remaining water, if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (448g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 556 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 61.7g||82 %|
|Saturated Fat 38.7g||194 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 184mg||57 %|
|Sodium 108.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 628.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 616
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.