Top-ranked recipe named "Cauliflower-leek Soup"
1. Cut leeks in half length-wise and then cut the halves into half-moons about 1/2 inch thich. Soak the leeks in cold water for 30 minutes stirring often to get the dirt out. Drain well
2. Cut the cauliflower int quarters, remove the core and break into large florets. Rinse under cold water and dry well.
3. In large pot, melt the butter under medium-high heat, add the leeks and sautee until softened but not browned. About 20 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and 3 cups of water. Raise heat to high, bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, covered, about 30-45 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
5. Add the cream, bring to a boil, then immediately remove from the heat.
6. Using a food mill or blender, puree the soup in small batches until very fine.
7. Adjust the texture of the soup by adding the remaining water, if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
gwyndavis 2 years agoKind of bland. I was looking to jazz up my low carb world. I'm going to try seasoning it. I think it can be good, it's just not there yet.
gamer4 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]